I have been slowly getting used to this blogging world and am still navigating all the ins and outs of blogging, but yesterday a fellow Canadian nominated me for the Reader Appreciation Award. How exciting and thanks Terry!
I have been reading 8 Kids and a Business this summer and it’s great to find another Canadian Catholic blogging (most that I read are American).
One of the biggest reasons I started blogging was because I wanted to start blogging with my students. Many educators have done blogging with their classes and have been amazed at the results. I figure if I am asking my students to blog, I better start as well. Besides learning a wealth of information, I have met many like-minded people, people with different opinions and it has really helped me grow in my faith.
There are some rules that go along with this award and here they are:
- Add a picture of the award to my blog.
- Link to the blogger(s) who nominated me.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Say 7 things about myself.
- We got a new puppy about a month ago and he is the cutest thing!
- I’ll be teaching Church History next September for the first time and I am super excited about it
- Being a sports fan I love the Olympic games and have to admit that most Olympic coverage makes me cry…Andy Murray’s win today being the most recent.
- I hate being indoors and can’t wait till I can get out of this townhouse and move somewhere with a big yard.
- I am the oldest of 5 siblings (and my youngest siblings are twins)
- This week I’m going away to my families annual (I think 18 years now) trip to Manning Park. We stay in a 50 person cabin and it’s a lot of fun. One of the great things about having 30+ first cousins on one side.
- I am currently reading book two of Pope Benedict’s XVI series on Jesus.
I would like to nominate Laura at Catholic Cravings she is a new convert from an Evangelical-Protestant background. She writes about her journey into the Catholic Church. She is another writer I have started reading this summer and I’ve really enjoyed her insights.